Sunday, April 18, 2010

How could you...

Do this to your newborn baby boy? What am I talking about? Circumcision. The truth really needs to be known about this procedure. I am horrified that my first son was circumsized. I unfortunately did not have the info I have today. I didn't want to do it then either, in fact he was 2 or 3 months when I finally gave in and let it happen. I just couldn't imagine putting my baby through any pain and for what? But I had voices around me giving me all these stupid reasons for doing it. Oh he's gonna be upset that he's different from other boys when older, he wont be like his dad etc. My first sons father said he was having it done and I eventually just gave in. Luckily now with my second son my husband agrees with me. And seriously after seeing something like this, how could you not? Unless you just don't have as much love for your child as I do or for your own selfish reasons....

VIDEO HERE

I remember with my first son carrying him up into the hospital with tears in my eyes. So worried and scared and upset about it all. They wouldn't let me stay on that floor either, they made me go down to the cafeteria. Obviously because they didn't want me to hear him screaming :(. That kills me. I also remember the Dr telling me at the end "Oh he did great, He actually fell asleep during it." Bullshit. If I recall I read once that babies pass out sometimes in extreme pain. My poor boy. When I got him back he was lifeless, like the most horrible thing in the world just happened to him, well it just had.

Photobucket

I am making this post to help inform other mothers about this and hoping it will save at least one baby from unneeded pain or possibly even death...
I also think you should read this below, then go there and sign the petition if you feel as I do...

Newborn male circumcision is the most common surgical procedure performed in the U.S. Many people believe that there are tangible health benefits to male circumcision but, the truth is no medical society in the world recommends it. In fact, the American Medical Association calls the surgery "non-therapeutic." What's worse, over 100 babies die as a result of complications from circumcision in the U.S. each year.

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is developing public health recommendations for the U.S. on male circumcision – ignoring the serious risks such as hemorrhage, infection, surgical mishap, and death – in favor of highly debatable and inconclusive research.

The CDC is the foremost expert on public health in our country and, as such, has a responsibility to share the truth about circumcision.

I just took action, signing a petition to the CDC, demanding the organization release a truthful statement on the harms and risks of circumcision.

If you believe as I do, that we should protect newborn babies from harmful and unnecessary surgery, then join me by clicking the link below:


http://www.intactamerica.org

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE this post!!!
We chose not to circumcise Micah, and have received a lot of crap from family and friends about it because it is 'different'. He was BORN this way. Nice to find a like minded Mama. I am your newest follower. Thanks for this post!
Rachel
http://reapingwhatisow.blogspot.com/

Earth mama @ Inside My Heart said...

Thank you Rachel! I am not sure why I didn't see your comment until now! :O And I am SO glad you agree! <3