Friday, July 22, 2011

Zucchini Brownies!!



Ahhhh so yummy!! OK I know it is not the healthiest recipe ever and I still really want to get us grain free, BUT we are not there yet so might as well enjoy right?


Recipe:

1-1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. coconut oil
2 t. vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. baking cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 c. zucchini, shredded
1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Mix sugar, oil and vanilla; set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Blend in sugar mixture, zucchini and nuts.

WARNING
The mix will be so dry you will think there is no way it will make brownies like I did! So I did some researching and figured out it was fine. But I didn't get it into the oven till an hour after I mixed it and I could see how much it was getting moist.

WARNING 2
The batter is so yummy you may have a hard time not eating it right then and there and actually cooking it! ;P

Pour into a lightly oiled 13"x9" baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Makes about 1-1/2 dozen.

If any of you have a healthier version I would love to try it! Maybe replace the sugar with honey and a different kind of flour like almond or coconut? I'd love to make a successful version like that too!

No comments: